Terms of Service
You agree to our terms of service when you complete a payment for hosting services to be rendered to your business website.
The Universal Terms of Service Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the Commission Based Marketing and the Services offered. This Hosting Service Agreement this (“Service Agreement”) governs your use of LHS INC’s Hosting services “Hosting Services”). Capitalized terms used in this Service Agreement, but not defined are defined in the Agreement.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Start Up Business Hosting: Web Hosting plans place your site within one or more servers. Resources are shared between 35-50 clients on the same servers; however, your site is given a unique address (DNS). This plan does not include email and has limited traffic.
- Growing And Scaling Business Hosting: Managed Hosting plans, resources are limited to 35 business websites per server with unlimited traffic ability up to the need of your own virtual server, but we will manage the server for you including setting up your control panel, patching cycles and back-ups.
- Elite WordPress Hosting: Elite Hosting plans include 2 websites hosted, annual registration, up to 2 hours of service on the website to include development on existing pages, text changes, image changes, link updates, SEO service on existing pages or new blog posts. The service does not include any new development or new code/link integrations for system automation or funnel building.
- Virtual Private Server (“VPS”): VPS plans place your site within a server shared with other customers, but you will have full control over your server space and the complete configuration of your virtual instance on the server. You will have administrator (root) access and a dedicated IP address
- Dedicated Server: Dedicated Server plans reserve an entire server exclusively for your account and usage. You will have exclusive rights to your server’s bandwidth, memory, and storage space, and your server’s performance will not be affected by traffic and the usage patterns of other customers
- Website Maintenance Support: Website Maintenance Support plans are monthly subscription plans that provide you with automatic updates to all plugins, site health and functions testing, cyber security watch and protection. This is complete on a bi-weekly basis each month.
- Elite Managed Support: Fully Managed Support plans are monthly subscription plans that provide you with the option to enable root/administrative access and we will handle core patching, security, monitoring, and backups. Additional Expert Services are included with the subscription
- Elite Support Services: Elite Support Services (“Expert Services”) are additional customize support service available for a set fee. These Expert Services provide assistance if you need an experienced server administrator for complicated tasks, including: optimizing databases, configuring firewalls, or moving content/saving content.
- Hosting Backup: All sites are backed up automatically daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- ACCOUNT TERMINATION; LIMITATIONS
- Migration of Servers:You acknowledge and agree that as a normal course of business, it may be necessary for us to migrate our servers. As a result, even if you have a dedicated IP, you may be assigned a different IP number. We do not warrant that you will be able to consistently maintain your given IP numbers.
- Termination of Hosting Services:You acknowledge and agree that upon expiration or termination of your Hosting Services, you must discontinue use of the Hosting Services and relinquish use of the IP addresses and server names assigned to you in connection with Hosting Services, including pointing the domain name system (“DNS”) for your domain name(s) away from our servers. Prior to termination of the Hosting Services, you are responsible for moving your website or server content off our servers. We will not transfer or FTP your website or server content to another provider. If you fail to move your website or server content off our servers prior to cancellation, we will delete all such content and we will not be able to provide a copy of such content.
- Free Products/Service/Commission Credits: Upon termination of the Hosting Services, all free products/services/commissions provided as part of the Hosting Services will be cancelled or revoked.
- Notice Regarding Licensed Images on Migration or Export (where available):Subject to all other applicable licenses terms and conditions, images available and licensed for use are intended for LHS INC hosted customers only and are subject to the terms and conditions of third-party intellectual property rights and licensing restrictions. To the extent you wish to export or migrate your hosted product or service to another service provider (if available as an option), it is solely your responsibility to ensure your continued right to use any images incorporated therein, and you acknowledge and agree that LHS INC does not warrant and shall have no responsibility for any claims resulting from your continued use after migration and/or termination (whichever occurs first).
- Storage Capacity: The total amount of usable storage capacity for your particular Hosting Service(s) may differ from the represented capacity, as there is required space for the operating system(s), system file(s), and other supporting file(s). Additionally, Hosting Backup plans may have storage limits.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS; REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Justification. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to seek justification in connection with your use of the Hosting Services, specifically your purchase of IP addresses, and you shall be obligated to provide any and all information reasonably sought by us pursuant to such justification. In connection with such purchase, you acknowledge and agree that your name and justification may be disclosed to certain registries including, but not limited to, the American Registry of Internet Numbers, in accordance with policies promulgated by any and all such registries and such information may be displayed publicly on the Whois database.
- Abusive Activities and Other Threats. You acknowledge and agree that you may not use our servers and your website as a source, intermediary, reply to address, or destination address for mail bombs, Internet packet flooding, packet corruption, denial of service, or other abusive activities that threaten the stability of our network or will damage the systems of, or cause a disruption of internet services to, LHS INC, our customers, or third-parties. Server hacking or other perpetration of security breaches is prohibited and we reserve the right to remove sites containing information about hacking or links to such information. Use of your website as an anonymous gateway is prohibited. We prohibit the use of software or scripts run on our servers that cause the server to load beyond a reasonable level, as determined by us. We prohibit the use of any pornographic business, images, content, blogs, videos or businesses that are not fully registered within the United States. You agree that we reserve the right to remove your website temporarily or permanently from our servers if you are in violation of this Service Agreement and/or there are activities that threaten the stability of our network. You acknowledge and agree that all websites associated with your hosting account may be removed if one website is in violation of this Service Agreement. You further acknowledge and agree that LHS INC reserves the right to scan your hosted account for malicious content (e.g., malware), and that, in the event any such content is discovered, it may be removed in LHS INC’s discretion for security purposes.
- Storage and Security. You shall be solely responsible for undertaking measures to: (1) prevent any loss or damage to your website or server content; (2) maintain independent archival and backup copies of your website or server content; and (3) ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of all your website or server content transmitted through or stored on our servers.Our servers are not an archive and we shall have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage or destruction of any of your content. The Hosting Services are not intended to provide a PCI (Payment Card Industry) or HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant environment and therefore should not be used or considered as one. You shall not use the Service in any way, in our sole discretion, that shall impair the functioning or operation of our services or equipment. Specifically, by way of example and not as a limitation, you shall not use the Hosting Services as: (1) a repository or instrument for placing or storing archived files; and/or (2) placing or storing material that can be downloaded through other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right to carry out a forensic examination in the event of a compromise to your server or account.
- Website/Server Content. You shall be solely responsible for providing, updating, uploading and maintaining your website or server and any and all files, pages, data, works, information and/or materials on, within, displayed, linked or transmitted to, from or through your website or server including, but not limited to, trade or service marks, images, photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, email or other messages, meta tags, domain names, software and text. You acknowledge and agree that in the course of providing you with technical assistance, it may be necessary for our support staff to modify, alter or remove the content of your hosted product. Your website or server content shall also include any registered domain names provided by you or registered on behalf of you in connection with the Hosting Services.If access to a third-party hosting website is required in the provision of any Service, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide us with access to the third-party hosting account for the purposes of this Service Agreement. You agree that you retain sole contractual and any other legal or fiduciary responsibilities related to your third-party hosting account.If you request that we install any Third Party Software (defined below) not provided as part of the Hosting Services, you represent and warrant that (1) you have the right to use and install the Third Party Software, (2) you have paid the applicable licensing fees for the Third Party Software, and (3) the Third Party Software does not and shall not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO WEB, BUSINESS AND MANAGED WORDPRESS HOSTING
- Website/Server Content. Your website may not include any of the following content: (1) image hosting scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload an image for display on another website (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic); (2) banner ad services for display on other websites or devices (commercial banner ad rotation); (3) file dump/mirror scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload a file for other to download (similar to rapid-share); (4) commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams); (5) push button mail scripts that allow the user to specify recipient email addresses; (6) anonymous or bulk SMS gateways; (7) backups of content from another computer or website; (8) BitTorrent trackers; or (9) any script that causes a degradation in the performance of our server or network environment.
- Unlimited Disk Space/Bandwidth/Website Plans. Web Hosting and WordPress Hosting plans are designed to host most personal, small business and organization websites, and thus we offer unlimited bandwidth and some plans offer unlimited disk space and websites. This means that we do not set a limit on the amount of bandwidth, websites or disk space you may use in the operation of your website, provided it complies with this Service Agreement. In the event the bandwidth, number of websites or disk space usage of your website presents a risk to the stability, performance or uptime of our servers, data storage, networking or other infrastructure, you may be required to upgrade to a VPS or Dedicated Server, or we may take action to restrict the resources your website is utilizing.
PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO VPS AND DEDICATED HOSTING
- Server Access. If you purchase MS SQL or Managed Backups, you hereby authorize us to log into your server for purposes of installing and configuring the MS SQL or Managed Backups.
- IP Addresses. You acknowledge and agree you are required to begin using at least ninety percent (90%) of your purchased IP addresses within thirty (30) days of assignment of such IP addresses to you. In the event you do not begin using at least ninety percent (90%) of your assigned IP addresses within thirty (30) days of assignment, you acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to reclaim any unused IP addresses.
- FTP Back-Up. We offer an FTP Backup option for an extra fee. You acknowledge and agree that purchasing FTP Backup may require additional down time to install and maintain. You further acknowledge and agree that in utilizing the FTP Backup option, you shall be subject to a maximum disk space and bandwidth usage according to the plan you purchase. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement, we shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide FTP Backup services on a twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week basis throughout the term of this Service Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that from time-to-time the FTP Backup services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (1) equipment malfunctions; (2) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs that we may undertake from time to time; or (3) causes beyond our control or that are not reasonably foreseeable including, but not limited to, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures. FTP Back-up may not be available on all hosting plans.
- Configuration Add-Ons. We offer multiple configuration options (“Configuration Add-Ons”) for an extra fee. The specific Configuration Add-Ons available depend on which hosting package you purchase, but may include a control panel, database, external firewall or RAID. You acknowledge and agree that installing a Configuration Add-On will use some of your available storage, may require additional provisioning time, will require us to install Third Party Software (defined below), third party hardware or internally developed custom software to your server, and, in some cases, may limit the versions of Third Party Software available for use with your server. Third Party Software, third party hardware and internally developed customer software will be supported by us. If you wish to cancel RAID, you will be required to cancel your server and purchase a new one.
- Plesk. In the event you add Plesk to your server, you agree to be bound by the Plesk EULA, which is hereby incorporated by reference.
- cPanel. In the event you add cPanel to your server, you agree to be bound by the cPanel EULA, which is hereby incorporated by reference.
- cPanel Fair Usage Policy: This policy is a guide to understand the intended uses of our Services, and to prevent exploitation and abuse of the unlimited features offered in our plans. VPS and dedicated hosting with cPanel offers unlimited number of accounts. Although we do not wish to set a specific limit, as a guideline, a threshold of 100 accounts will be considered normal, reasonable use. We evaluate your usage in comparison to typical levels of usage engaged in by other users. In the event that you exceed this threshold, LHS INC may in its sole and absolute discretion, assess additional usage charges for accounts in excess of the threshold or restrict additional accounts from being created. Where possible, LHS INC will provide a notice of your usage in excess of the normal use.
- PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO MANAGED SSL
All sites include SSL at no additional cost
- PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO SUPPORT PLANS
- WordPress (“WP”) Premium Support. If you elect to use our WP Premium Support Services (either as a subscription or as a one-time Service), we reserve the right to charge any or all of the fees for such Services prior to the commencement of any work being performed. All services, both subscription and one time, will be listed as a “Best Effort Service.” Even after taking all reasonable steps, we may not be able to resolve certain issues. We are not responsible for and will not provide assistance with any issue(s) that arise beyond fourteen days of any use of WP Premium Support Services. We may install a plugin on your hosted WordPress site for the purpose of facilitating your WP Premium Support Services. Its purpose is to facilitate the requested change and maintenance of your WordPress files. The plugin allows us to access, automate updates to core files, other plugins, themes, and other files related to the maintenance of your site. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use WP Premium Support Services in a manner that, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion:
- displays or advertises pornographic, X-rated, sexually explicit, or otherwise tasteless materials, images, products or services (including, but not limited to: massage, dating, escort or prostitution services); or
- uses pornographic, X-rated, sexually explicit keywords or images in video names, descriptions or listings.
Further, you are responsible for ensuring that any product posted for sale on your website is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations where your items can be purchased. We reserve the right and sole discretion to determine whether the sale of any particular item is illegal or otherwise prohibited and cancel your Services.
- Managed and Fully Managed Hosting Support Plans. If you purchase a Managed or Fully Managed Hosting Support Plan (“Managed Hosting Plan”) with VPS, we may install a limited number of applications (“Supported Applications”) on your server at your request. A full list of Supported Applications is available from our support team upon request. If you request the installation of a Supported Application, we will install and configure the Supported Application on our server as long as the server has available resources (e.g., storage, RAM, processing power) to support that particular application.We will then provide the primary (administrator) username and password to you, at which point you will take over the managed and additional configuration of that particular application. We will not be responsible for content, customization, or any other activities associated with the Supported Application, including any repair of the Supported Application should it stop working.We shall limit technical support of an inoperable Supported Application to restoring said Supported Application to its original state (fresh installation, with no data or customization). The backups offered with these support plans are snapshots taken on a 10-day cycle. Restores are available upon request and may require an additional fee.
- Hosting Premium Support/Expert Services. If we determine that any support request falls outside the scope of your plan, you can request custom support services (“Expert Services”) for a fee, or on a per service basis, which we will quote to you before providing the custom support service. If you elect to use our Expert Services, we reserve the right to charge any or all of the fees for such Services prior to the commencement of any work being performed. Expert Services fees are non-refundable. You must, within fourteen days of any Expert Services, notify us if there are any issues with the Expert Services. We are not responsible for and will not provide assistance with any issue(s) that arise beyond fourteen days of any Expert Services.
- Hosting Migrations. If you have your domain name registered with us and the web hosting associated with the domain is provided by a third-party, we may, at your request and in our sole discretion, attempt to assist you to move the web hosting for the domain name to us (“Hosting Migration”). Hosting Migrations are provided as a courtesy service, and we do not make any guarantee regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete a Hosting Migration. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make us unable to assist you in the transfer of data from a third-party host.You are solely responsible for reviewing the functionality and accuracy of migrated content in its new location following a Hosting Migration. If you are satisfied with the data migration, you will need to update the DNS record for the domain name in order to publish the website in its new location. We will not perform website backups or archives in connection with a Hosting Migration, and we recommend that you back up your third-party hosted website before migration to ensure that no data is lost. You agree not to make any changes or revisions to your website during the migration process.You agree that we are not liable for any delay in website resolution or loss of data related to your Hosting Migration. Hosting Migrations are not available for websites with over 10GB of data or more than 100,000 files.
We may install a plugin on your external WordPress site for the purpose of facilitating your WordPress migration into our own Managed WordPress hosting environment. This plugin will not change anything on your source site. Its purpose is to facilitate the Hosting Migration of your WordPress files. You are welcome to disable the plugin on your source site after the Hosting Migration has been completed.
- SERVICE UPTIME GUARANTEE
We offer a Service uptime guarantee of 99.9% (“Service Uptime Guarantee”) of available time per month. If we fail to maintain this Service Uptime Guarantee in a particular month (as solely determined by us), you may contact us and request a credit of 5% of your monthly hosting fee for that month. The credit may be used only for the purchase of further products and services from us, and is exclusive of any applicable taxes. The Service Uptime Guarantee does not apply to service interruptions caused by: (1) periodic scheduled maintenance or repairs we may undertake from time to time; (2) interruptions caused by you from custom scripting, coding or the installation of third-party applications; (3) outages that do not affect the appearance of your website but merely affect access to your website such as FTP and email; (4) causes beyond our control or that are not reasonably foreseeable; and (5) outages related to the reliability of certain programming environments.
- THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
- Definition and Scope. As part of the Hosting Services, you may be allowed to use certain software, widgets, or other applications (“Software”) developed, owned, or licensed by a third-party. Your use of this Software may be subject to additional terms. If the Software is accompanied by or requires a license agreement from the third-party provider, your use of the Software is subject to that license agreement, in addition to this Service Agreement.
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to all Software and Operating Software. You may use the Software and Operating Software solely as part of the Services. You may not remove, modify, or obscure any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in or on the Software. Additionally, you may not sell, modify, re-use reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, create derivative works of or attempt to derive the source code from the Software.LHS INC may provide your personal information to third-party providers as required to provide the third-party Software. LHS INC reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue provision of the Software at any time.LHS INC makes no representations or warranties about any third-party Software offered in connection with the Hosting Services, and expressly disclaims any liability.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LHS INC from and against any and all claims imposed upon or incurred by LHS INC directly or indirectly arising from your use or misuse of the third-party Software. The providers of the third-party Software are third-party beneficiaries to this Services Agreement for purposes of enforcing their rights under this Services Agreement.
The Hosting Services may be operated in both Linux® and Windows® environments. Each time you commission a server, we will provision the server with the operating system you choose.
We reserve the right to modify, change, or discontinue any Third-Party Software at any time, and you agree to cooperate in performing such steps as may be necessary to install any updates to the Third-Party Software. The Third-Party Software is neither sold nor distributed to you, and you may use the Third-Party Software solely as part of the Hosting Services. You may not use the Third-Party Software outside of the Hosting Services. We may provide your personal information to third-party providers as required to provide the Third-Party Software. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Third-Party Software is subject to our agreement(s) with the third-party providers. In addition, if the Third-Party Software is accompanied by or requires consent to a service or license agreement from the third-party provider, your use of the Third-Party Software is subject to such service or license agreement. You may not download, install, or use any Third-Party Software that is accompanied by or requires consent to a service or license agreement from a third-party provider unless you first agree to the terms and conditions of such service or license agreement. You may not remove, modify, or obscure any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in or on the Third-Party Software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Third-Party Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that the third-party providers (and their affiliates and suppliers) make no representations or warranties about any Third-Party Software offered in connection with the Hosting Services, and expressly disclaim any liability or damages (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) arising from the use of the Third-Party Software. You acknowledge and agree that any Third-Party Software will be supported by us and not by the third-party providers (or their affiliates or suppliers).
- Additional Terms and Conditions Applicable to images and Software. The third-party providers listed in this section make no representations or warranties about any Software offered in connection with the Hosting Services, and expressly disclaim any liability or damages (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) arising from the use of the Software.You are responsible for managing and maintaining in good standing any paid subscription and/or account required with a third-party provider. You must cancel or terminate your paid subscription and/or account with the applicable third-party provider and not LHS INC.Your use of the following Software is subject to the applicable linked terms, which are incorporate by reference:
- Acronis Hosting Backup. Your use of Acronis Hosting backup is subject to the software license agreement located here.
Regarding this Section 9.3, “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or, to the extent applicable under Applicable Laws, a household; an identifiable person is one who can be defined, directly or indirectly, notably but not limited to by reference to a user identification or unique identifier, such as name, identification number, precise geo-location data, online user identification, or by reference to one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, economic, cultural, or social identity. “Personal Data” does not include aggregated, anonymous, or de-identified data, such as Usage Data. “Usage Data” as used herein means any and all information reflecting the access or use of the Hosting Services by or on your behalf, including, but not limited to visit-, session-, steam-data and statistical or other analysis, information or data based on or derived from any of the foregoing. You acknowledge and agree that you have no rights to Usage Data. , as such terms are defined by Applicable Laws.
Any use of any Hosting Services involving LHS INC’s Dedicated Servers running on the DED4 Platform that involves You storing specially protected data is subject to the following additional terms:
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any unencrypted Protected Health Information, as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) (“PHI”);
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any encrypted PHI unless the Parties have entered into a mutually acceptable Business Associate Agreement (“BAA”) in accordance with HIPAA;
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any unencrypted Personal Data subject to regulatory protection under Applicable Laws of the United States federal, state, or local governmental authorities; and
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any encrypted Personal Data without providing prior notice and obtaining prior consent from the data subject, as required by Applicable Law.
- Late Payment or No Payment
Should you miss a monthly payment, you will receive an automated notice that your payment is delinquent.
If you make that delinquent payment within the subject month no additional fees will be applied.
If you fail to make that delinquent payment within the second subject month, LHS, INC will add a reactivation fee of $25 , and suspend service.
Reinstatement will require curing the delinquency, including the past due payment fees, along with the following month’s payment. This would be 3 total months of payments due plus a $25 fee to reactivate the site.
If a client or person finanically responsible for the hosting service payment fails to cure the delinquency by the due date of the third past due payment, LHS, INC reserves the right to refuse reactivation and will provide the necessary transfer documentation for the client to move to a different provider of their choice.
If LHS, INC chooses to reactivate and provide service the following clients have the option to renew their hosting services on an Annual payment basis with a full payment being made for 12 months of service before the domain is activly hosted with our services.
11.Compliance Of Terms
By paying for your hosting plan, clients agree to the terms and conditions listed in this document. LHS INC reserves the right to make changes and edits of this information at any time and will provide notice of the changes within 48 hours of the changes being made.